Monday, December 26, 2011

Tool 2

I have visited five fellow bloggers who are now working through 11 Tools and commented on their Tool 1 or Tool 2 comments.  I have created a Diigo account and familiarized myself with Google Reader. 

I can see a benefit to using Google Reader especially when working on team assignments or research papers.

I feel fairly comfortable with creating public posts; however, I keep my comments simple.  For years I have belonged to a couple of Yahoo Groups, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, and periodically have followed some blogs.  I am much more of a sponge than someone who comments.  I have friends and family members who have created blogs for the purpose of sharing personal information that they do not share on social networks.  And, there are those friends and family members who will comment on just about anything.  My comments are very limited. 

I look forward to the day that I have the time to create and monitor a blog on a topic that I am passionate about.  Whatever the topic, the goal will be for serving a benefit, so creating a PLN will be valuable. Variety of opinions and input will be important.

Do my fellow 11 Tool Bloggers find that when they have signed up to follow a blog or group they end up with an email box full of notices they don’t read?  I have thought about creating an email address for the specific purpose of collecting those notices/updates, but probably would not maintain it. 

Tonight I will visit my Facebook.  I enjoy reading the latest with my nieces and their children.  My family is spread across the country from coast to coast and Facebook is one simple piece of computer technology that helps to keep us connected in nearly real time.

2 comments:

  1. You are much farther along with your use of technology and creating a PLN. I'm very much a novice, and have never followed a blog. I'm hoping this staff development opportunity will give me the opportunity to expand my technological horizons, not only professionally but also personally. Perhaps it is time to move past just a Facebook page for family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each time I have participated in the Tools workshop I have learned new applications. There are so many exciting, free, online tools available to help make learning authentic to life outside of school.

    ReplyDelete