Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tool 4

I love Google Docs and use the function at work whenever I see an opportunity.  Weekly I use Google Docs to share our enrollment count by having dropped a spreadsheet into the doc that I keep current.   I was once involved in writing a very detailed report as part of a team, pre Google Doc.  The process was tedious with saving, editing, saving again, and posting only to discover that one or more team members were busy posting new material, so needing to go back to the drawing board.  Google Docs would have been perfect for the job.

I had never used Google Docs to create a form.   I created a short survey with a couple of Yes / No answer choices and a scale question and emailed it to the other individuals on my campus who are working through 11 Tools.  I gave them access to edit the doc.  Now that I have had this experience with, I will use it every chance I get.   How simple and convenient!  Point, choose, and click!

I can see using the form application as an end of class, lesson, unit, etc. informal assessment tool for the purpose of student feedback and the doc tool for team assignments.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry! I didn't realize what you had sent me until I created my own survey and sent it to you! I've now responded to your survey you created.

    ReplyDelete